How it works
Trend is your friend
Cross-X strategy is designed to help you identify trends as early as possible and exit the market before they reverse. Both the closing price, momentum, volume, volatility, strength of a trend, ATR and PSAR with some additional logic provide a wealth of information that can be used to identify the ebb and flow of the trend.
The bigger the timeframe, the stronger the trend
As a rule, the bigger the timeframe, the stronger the trend. For this reason, trend trading is much more powerful and yields better returns if it takes place on bigger time frames. So we would recommend to use CrossX indicator on higher timeframe.
A signal is confirmed only once the candle is closed. A signal does not appear in current candle until the candle is closed. Once the candle is closed with a signal then the signal is confirmed immediately. In simple words, every time when a signal is appeared, it is confirmed.
Start using it
The main features of CrossX are buy/sell signals, take some profit (TSP signal), crossX cloud and candlestick coloring. It is calculated based on closing price, momentum, volume, volatility, strength of a trend, ATR and PSAR with some additional logic.
Buy signal (buy tag and green candle) appear when market is in a new uptrend. Represents an entry/buy in. A signal is not appear in current candle until the candle is closed. Once the candle is closed with a signal then the signal is confirmed immediately.
Sell signal (Sell tag and red candle) appear when market is in a reversal, sideways or downtrend. Represents an exit/sell. A signal is not appear in current candle until the candle is closed. Once the candle is closed with a signal then the signal is confirmed immediately.
This strategy is ideally used for trend following traders on higher timeframes, such as 4H, 12H, 1D, 2D, 3D, 1W. Trend trading is usually considered a mid to long-term trading strategy. CrossX is which will identify a trend and traders will ride a trend from start to finish, ignoring day-to-day fluctuations.
CrossX works on any markets, including cryptocurrency, stocks, indices, futures, commodities, forex and it does work every chart on tradingview platform. Also, it does work all timeframes both lower timeframes and higher timeframes. The higher timeframes have the best performance.
You can use the VDO below to see that how does it works and how to access and set up indicator.
The CrossX Pro V.3 settings are described below
- Strength of trend: Determine trend strength, calculations are based on momentum of price. This is a consistent parameter therefore you do not change it.
- Volatility: Volatility is the trading volume and frequency of price changes. This is a consistent parameter therefore you do not change it.
You can adjust Input parameters however you find best. The default which generally have a great performance across every market but trading is very personal per asset and timeframe.
- Fix to timeframe or multiple time frame: Multi-timeframe analysis (MTF) is a process in which traders can view multiple timeframes at once on a single chart. Multi-timeframe analysis is the process of looking at multiple timeframes at once and using them to make better decisions when trading or investing. You can have several timeframes visible at once so you always know the most important price levels. The default settings are fixed to the 3 day timeframe (best performance). So regardless of what time frame your chart is, you will receive signals from the 3D TF because it is fixed on the indicator. If you want to trade other timeframes, there are 2 methods for settings. Let’s say you want to trade on the 4H timeframe.
- Set “Fix to timeframe” on the indicator to “4H”
If you set 4H on the indicator, regardless of what time frame your chart is, you will receive signals from the 4H TF because it is fixed on the indicator.
- Set “Fix to timeframe” on the indicator to “Same as chart”
- Set your chart to 4H
Both methods give the same signal.
Note: Refrain using the indicator timeframes (“fix to timeframe” option) at smaller than the chart timeframes. Complete details of multiple time frame analysis click here.
- Smoothness: It is the level of smoothness of the buy/sell signal.
- Sensitivity: It can be adjusted for decreasing or increasing the amount of signals on your chart. The lower the sensitivity the less signals appear. 8 is the default setting, the default which generally have a great performance across every market.
- Noise: It can be adjusted for reducing noise. Behaving like a subset of sensitivity. The lower the value the less noise appear. 555 is the default setting, the default which generally have a great performance across every market.
It helps you to identify a bull and a bear market. Calculations are based on closing price and momentum on the weekly timeframe. If the price is above the cloud, indicating that it is a bull market. If the price is below the cloud, indicating that it is a bear market. The cloud gives traders support and resistance levels. If the cloud is THICK = STRONG support/resistance, If the cloud is THIN = WEAK support/resistance.
It also behaves like mean reversion. Assumption that an asset’s price will tend to converge to the average price (the cloud) over time.
When the current market price is less than the cloud, the market price is expected to rise to the cloud. When the current market price is above the cloud, the market price is expected to fall to the cloud.
Take Some Profit (TSP signal)
When the price reaches a significant price level it will show the take some profit (TSP) signal. It can appear more than one TSP signal at a time during a trade.
– When the red candle (after sell signal) appear a TSP signal, indicating that there is a chance to reverse into an uptrend and you may have to take some profit (TSP) from short/sell position (if you open short position).
– When the green candle (after buy signal) appear a TSP signal, indicating that there is a chance to reverse into a downtrend and you may have to take some profit (TSP) from long/buy position.
Please note that the default setting which generally have a great performance across every market.
How to set up alerts
Alerts for crossX indicator do depend on the time intervals because it’s taken into account when calculating indicators. If the indicator parameter is changed after the alert is created, then the alert will be triggered using the old settings.
Alert actions: Use the following options to be notified when your alerts are triggered:
- Notify on App
- Show Pop-up
- Send Email
- Play Sound
- Send Email-to-SMS
Complete information about alerts click here and you can use the VDO below to see that how to set up alerts.